March 15, 2020 |
Tinhorn Creek Staff
IMPORTANT: Special Announcement to our Winery Fans...
TO OUR DEAR WINERY FANS,
At Tinhorn Creek Vineyards, our number 1 priority is the health and safety of our guests, staff members and the community. We are following direction from Health Canada and monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely. We’d like to take a moment to communicate the standards we have in place to ensure the comfort, health, and wellness of our guests, employees and the community. We wish you and your family good health.
In addition to our current stringent food handling safety practices and cleanliness standards, we have implemented the following additional sanitizing precautionary measures:
- We have increased the frequency of disinfecting in all locations and shared spaces. High traffic areas such as tasting bars, cash desks, menus and pin pads are sanitized after each use.
- We have eliminated high hand touch features from our tours.
- We have postponed large scale gatherings scheduled until the end of April.
- We have increased the level of social distancing in our restaurant by increasing space between tables.
- In our restaurant, tables will not be pre-set, glassware and utensils will arrive at the table after you have been seated. The payment pin pad will be sterilized after each use in the restaurant.
- We have increased the number of hand sanitizers throughout the location.
- We are reducing any unnecessary hand contact with guests.
- Posters are located throughout the winery to remind all guests of proper handwashing techniques.
- We have provided staff training specifically related to COVID-19 on handwashing best practices, sanitary standards, and safe work practices, requiring staff with any symptoms of any illness to remain at home.
While we respect that some guests will decide to stay home, we know that other guests will continue with their plans to visit wine country. At Tinhorn Creek, we are monitoring the situation, and we’re committed to maintaining the highest possible standards for the safety of our guests and employees.
Please feel free to contact us directly at 250-498-3743 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.