Vintage Harvest Workers (Cellar & Vineyard)
Tinhorn Creek Vineyards in Oliver, BC is one of the Okanagan’s most innovative and environmentally sustainable estate wineries with an extensive health & safety program. We are a 450 Tonnes winery in the heart of the South Okanagan wine region, with vineyards on both the Golden Mile Bench and the Black Sage Bench. We produce roughly 50:50 white and red, and our two unique vineyard sites allow us to grow both Bordeaux and Burgundy varietals, with a dash of Syrah and Gewurztraminer.
We are looking for Harvest Workers for full-time and hourly positions for the 2018 Harvest. These positions are primarily in the cellar and on the crush pad, and also include some vineyard work.
Compensation: Rate based on experience.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Grape receiving, crushing, pressing, racking, pumice-transfers, juice and must additions, inoculations, punch downs, pump-overs, barrel prep/filling, sanitation, and general winery operations.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of processing equipment as directed.
- Assisting where needed during busy harvest season, including vineyards.
- Promoting a health & safety culture by ensuring a safe and healthy work environment through effective operation of the Health and Safety program, joint H&S committee (if applicable) and compliance with EH&S regulations.
- Following safe work procedures/practices; reporting any unsafe working conditions/hazards to assigned Manager on Duty.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- Minimum of 2 harvests - winery experience, vocational diploma in winemaking or related degree an asset.
- Forklift experience also desirable.
- Must be available for the entire harvest season (i.e. contract period).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load on a daily basis.
- Communicate effectively and work safely with co-workers.
- Understand the basics of premium wine production & wine analyses.
- Substantial attention to detail required.
- Must have Canadian citizenship/residency or a valid Canadian work permit.
- Ability to lift in excess of 22 kg on a regular basis.
- Ability to work shift work including evenings and weekends; some long hours required.
Please note: Accommodation and transportation are not provided, however, we will assist in coordinating with other international applicants. We are not able to assist in Visa procurement; we advise that interested international applicants start the Visa application process as soon as possible.